Saturday 8 June 2013

Snugbury's Ice Cream, Nantwich

It should come as no surprise to you that the sun has got his hat on in the UK... Finally! So I wanted to share with you one of my favourite places to go to grab a delicious cone of the most mouth-wateringly decadent ice cream on the market. I am of course talking about Snugbury's in Nantwich.




For as long as I can remember it has been a Buxton Family Tradition to pull into the Snugbury's car park just two miles out of Nantwich on the way to my grandparents' caravan in Wales. Even if we are not hungry, we each order an ice-cream and find ourselves much happier in the second half of the journey, because ice-cream puts everyone in a good mood, right? Especially when the menu is this extensive...


Now, I can't say I have tried every single flavour on the menu (not yet at least!) but I do have quite a long list of favourites... Clotted Cream Vanilla, Honeycomb, Toffee Crumble, Pecan and Fudge, Death By Chocolate, Banana Caramel, Maple and Walnut, White Mountain and Chocolate Brownie are some pretty strong contenders for the top spot. But when we visited Snugbury's a few weeks back, I found heaven in a new flavour. Literally, total and complete bliss. 

 

Allow me to introduce you to Salted Caramel with Milk Chocolate Drizzle. I spotted this on the 'Specials' board and could not resist... let me tell you, 'special' doesn't even cut it. As the queen of mixing savoury foods with sweet (Nutella and mature cheddar cheese sandwich anyone? Or prawn and mango curry perhaps?) I was frankly salivating when I spotted this on the menu and I can honestly say it tasted even better than it sounds, something I would have thought to be impossible. 

Taking the first lick of my ice cream, my tongue danced under the sweet butter of the rich caramel flavouring, before being hit with a subtle yet effective burst of saltiness. The Milk Chocolate Drizzle soon hardened to a yummy cocoa shell which I snapped off in pieces with my fingers and complemented the ice-cream beautifully.

I was in love.

And if you aren't convinced about mixing salty with sweet, don't even try to pretend you've never emptied your Minstrels into your popcorn at the cinema! You have not lived until you have tried Salted Caramel Snugbury's ice cream.


It was quite the perfect day... the scenery was beautiful, the weather held out, and these little piggies grunted with jealousy as I flaunted my yummy cone in their faces.


I would recommend Snugbury's to anyone who likes sweet treats particularly now summer is here. My little cousins love it and so do my grandparents, so it really is a pleasure for all ages. There are options for diabetics, vegans and sufferers of lactose-intolerance and a single cone will only set you back a couple of pounds. Plus, the service is always great and it offers a nice break from any long journey you may be taking.

Snugbury's is open seven days a week from 9.30am until 6pm in the summer time. You can find it at Park Farm just outside of Nantwich in Cheshire. 



To keep up to date with all of the fun things to do, places to go and things to see in the Midlands, the UK and anywhere else on Planet Earth, make sure you submit your email address to the right of this post. You can also find me on Twitter where I regularly share my thoughts. I have a Facebook page specifically for this blog so that you guys can find more exclusive updates and photos than you might find here. Speaking of photos, I'm a total shutterbug, so go ahead and follow me on Instagram and Pinterest. You can also follow my blog with Bloglovin.






2 comments:

  1. looks gorgeous- i love ice-cream shops, especially dainty and quaint ones!

    Jodi xo
    www.spotsandsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's part of what I love about Snugbury's... Oooh I wish I was there right now!

      Delete