Saturday 20 July 2013

Forte's Ice Cream, Llandudno

Once again, I am here to pay homage to a delicious dessert provider which has been a family tradition of our since before I was even born!

You will find Forte's Cafe Restaurant on the main street of Llandudno which runs parallel with the beach. Easily recognizable as it is always full of people with smiles on their faces, Forte's has been around since 1926 (!) and once you step inside and try a mouthful of their yummy chocolate sundaes, it is easy to understand why this place has stood the test of time.


The fact that this place is first and foremost a family business means that the staff are very friendly and attentive and most importantly, knowledgeable about the food on their menu. You can of course choose from any of their main course offerings (pizza, burger, salad anyone?) but being a member of the Buxton family means that I am so decadent I often go straight to the desserts...

With 35 flavours of ice cream to choose from, it can be almost overwhelming, so I often find myself sticking to what I know, a classic Banana Split. Two scoops of strawberry, one of vanilla, whipped cream, raspberry sauce, one halved banana and Forte's printed wafers make me a happy girl!


Being a good girl though, I shared this with my sister. Meanwhile, my Mom (unsurprisingly) went for the Brownie Sundae which comes with a pot of melted chocolate on the side (for just in case the eight chunks of gooey brownie and chocolate ice cream aren't rich enough...) Most people would be pleased to find whipped cream on top of this type of dessert as it offers a complementary gentle taste in comparison to the extremely sweet choco-fest, but no, my Mom doesn't like whipped cream, so that had to go on the side.


My Dad on the other hand didn't choose a sundae but opted for his 'usual' Lime Soda Float. Now, my Dad is an absolute expert when it comes to all things calorific and he has been drinking lime soda floats from Forte's since he was a little boy, so I ignored the fluorescence of the soda and the curdled frothiness where the ice cream has amalgamated with a fizzy drink and gave it a try...

 

I am a total convert! This soda float was absolutely amazing. Literally like nothing I have ever tasted before. Once again, my Dad was right.

Prices at Forte's are fairly modest for what you would expect at a busy seaside town (although my Dad insists that they were much cheaper 'back in his day') and Forte's is a really nice place to cool off and refresh before hitting the pier on a hot summer's day.

You will find Forte's on Mostyn Street in Llandudno, North Wales. To find out more about Forte's head over to their website.

To keep up to date with all of the fun things to do, places to go and things to see in the Midlands, the UK and anywhere else on Planet Earth, make sure you submit your email address to the right of this post. You can also find me on Twitter where I regularly share my thoughts. I have a Facebook page specifically for this blog so that you guys can find more exclusive updates and photos than you might find here. Speaking of photos, I'm a total shutterbug, so go ahead and follow me on Instagram and Pinterest. You can also follow my blog with Bloglovin.

No comments:

Post a Comment